POINTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR TUTORING
* Rapid progress * Personalised learning
* Instant feedback * Develop essential study habits
* Learn exam skills and techniques * Keep skills fresh
* Increased practise time * Increased challenge
* Increased support * Build confidence
HL Tutoring Services?
I am a fully qualified teacher. Please bear in mind that I have been trained to teach and as a result students receive high quality tuition.
Apart from planning, preparing, teaching and assessing, I am able to teach many subjects, use a variety of teaching methods and draw upon a wide range of experience. Student ages vary as do their backgrounds. I encourage students to think for themselves and to explain their thought processes. I address the needs of my students which ultimately builds confidence.
I am a positive teacher and like to give lots of praise and encouragement.
I have many years of experience teaching in primary schools, teaching violin and teaching English to adults. I have been tutoring throughout my teaching career.
The beauty of private tuition is that all the lessons are tailored around the students’ needs. HL Tutoring Services offers a personal service.
As a teacher it’s important to be flexible! Whether it’s changing a teaching method to suit the student’s individual learning style, teaching a topic in more detail or building upon the student’s existing knowledge. Please contact HL Tutoring Services if there is something you wish to change or if there’s something you think that I can help with and I’ll do my best to accommodate you (subject to my availability).
Fun and enjoyable
I have an update DBS (CRB) certificate. Please ask to see it during the first session if I am tutoring your child.
Tutoring sessions are fun and enjoyable. Students come away from sessions knowing that they’ve worked hard yet they have enjoyed themselves too.
Lessons are planned around each student’s strengths and weaknesses.
Passionate about teaching and learning
I am dedicated teacher and I really enjoy teaching students of all ages and from all walks of life. I sincerely believe in life-long learning. A person should never stop learning: I think it’s important for an individual’s development. I believe that education makes you a better person and opens many doors.
TUTORING SESSIONS ARE A GOOD IDEA IF:
* there is a specific target or goal in mind
* help is needed with exam technique not covered in regular classes
* personal attention is needed
* the needs of the learner are not being met in a large group setting
* extra practise is required in one or more areas
* there is a desire to work at the learner’s own pace
* the student has a preferred learning style
* the student prefers to learn in a relaxed and comfortable environment
* there is a need to secure curriculum knowledge
* a smooth transition is required e.g. from primary to high school, from school to college, or college to university/work
* there is a lack of understanding of how to make progress in learning
* the school, college or work place has concerns
* methods currently taught are unfamiliar or new
* there is a need to 'catch-up' due to illness, absence, change of system, arriving in a new country or other factors
*the learner has special needs not being addressed
* the student wants to be tutored
* the student enjoys learning
TUTORING SESSIONS ARE NOT A GOOD IDEA IF:
* The learner requires a tutor to complete assignments for them
(Help can only be given in general terms)
* There is an assumption that having a tutor replaces personal study
(It’s a good idea to work hard and practise what has been learnt in the tutoring lesson between sessions)
* Progress is needed in an extremely short space of time e.g. 1 or 2 lessons
(Although this is not always possible, the more preparation and lesson time given, the better)
* The student cannot commit to a series of regular lessons
(A series of lessons, say over a term, is more beneficial as the learner doesn’t forget what’s been previously learnt)
* Provision can be made by the learner’s school, college or work place
(Speak to them)!
* Parents, friends or family members could help instead
(Speak to them)!
HAVE YOU THOUGHT CAREFULLY ABOUT THE POINTS MENTIONED IN SECTIONS 1 AND 2?
If you still think tuition would beneficial to you or your child then get in touch.